Doki Doki Crate for April, 2017
The theme for Doki Doki Crate's April Box is a 'Doki Doki Slumber Party'. Apparently the items included in this month's box are all fun items that you would share at a sleepover. I don't understand this theme at all and I just can't see anyone being able to share these items at a sleepover, but good thing I don't have to share them. A monthly box from Doki Doki Crate will cost you around $42 NZD per month, and shipping is free worldwide. There are a few cute items in each box, but I have yet to be wowed by a box and this is my fourth month of subscribing. I'm hoping that Doki Doki Crate really ups their box game by providing higher quality items or more than 6-7 items, especially since they stated that they have moved their offices to Japan to be able to deliver better boxes to their subscribers. There are a couple of strong items that I love however, so I'm really hopeful that Doki Doki Crate bring their subscribers a truly amazing box in the future. Below are the seven items I received.
1. Sentimental Circus Hand Towel When I saw first saw this beautifully designed box, I was excited and thought I might just have received a set ofintricate playing cards, but not quite.
But I did receive a lovely hand towel with frilly edges, that does look like a playing card and it is the most unique towel I've had from a subscription box. This item is the one that does relate to the theme of a slumber party but it'sdefinitely not something you would share with others.
2. Rilakkuma Coin Purse This shiny and squishy coin purse is one of my favourite items in this month's box. Any Rilakkuma products are perfect kawaii additions and it's good to see that this purse is a licensed San-X product!
3. Sakura Hoppe-Chan Always a favourite for me are the Hoppe-Chan charms that are always included in each month's Doki Doki Crate! This petaled up charm is the definition of kawaii as with her super squishiness and cherry blossom adornments. It would have been nice though to have received this charm in a pyramid case like previous Hoppe-Chans, instead of in a plastic bag as it adds more of a collectors aspect to it.
4. Mocchi-Zu Mascot Plush Keychain One of the reasons I subscribed to kawaii boxes is because of all the cat merch you get, so every time I receive a cat item I get warm fuzzies! Not a big deal but it doesn't look like a licensed plush though, as last month's plush which was also made by the company Yamani Co. Ltd. had an authenticity sticker on the label whereas this one does not. My first full black cat plush though, so I'm happy!
5. Disney Princess Scrunchie Out of the six different scrunchies I could have received, I got an Ariel scrunchie. This velvet look scrunchie is such a nineties throwback for me!
6. Pink Flower Pen I absolutely despise this pen. It just seems like a very cheap, tacky item to include in a box and is beyond ugly.
It also came broken which confirms how cheap this pen is. This is the one item I dislike Doki Doki Crate's April box .
7. Your Name (Kimi No Na Wa) Notepad I adore most stationary items, so this thick, pastel pad based on the famous Japanese movie 'Your Name' is a gorgeous addition, with it's two different dreamy designs included in the notepad. 'Your Name' was directed by Maktoto Shinkai, who is famous for the film, '5 Centimeters Per Second'. I'll be making sure that I watch 'Your Name'within the next few weeks!
Above is the second design included in the notepad.
Verdict: You're always going to get at least one item in a subscription box that you don't love whatsoever, and for me, that would be the obnoxious flower pen that was included. For the most part, there were some gorgeous items that quite unique, such as the coin purse, notepad, and hand towel. I'll keep subscribing to Doki Doki Crate as I do like the majority of the items in each box, but there's just not enough of them! You can get your Doki Doki Crate at: www.japancrate.com/dokidoki