Doki Doki Crate for March, 2017
Doki Doki Crate's theme for the March box is Hinamatsuri (or the Girls Festival)! Celebrated on March 3rd, this is a day that celebrates all things cute and kawaii. Doki Doki Crate will cost you around $42 NZD per month, however shipping is free. I do enjoy most of the items I get each month but I really think that Doki Doki Crate should include a few more items in their monthly box, as for $42 NZD, either the quantity or the quality of the items definitely needs to be upped. Below is a photo of the seven items I received in the March box.
1. Hishimochi Hoppe-Chan Hoppe-Chan's are one of my favourite items in every Doki Doki Crate and I love the pastel colours of this latest one. Hishimochi is a type of mochi that is eaten during the celebration of Hinamatsuri and this little Hoppe-Chan is dolled up and sits on top of her own Hishimochi.
2. Disney Cup Out of the six different designs of Disney princesses, I really wanted Jasmine and I got her! Aladdin is one of my favourite Disney movies, so I really treasure this watercolour illustration cup.
3. Slim Pen Case From the four different designs I could have received, I got a cute sushi Sumikko Gurashi gang pen case by San-X Co. This pen case also came with a official license sticker on the tag which was good to see.
4. Sasurai No Tabineco Fuwa Mocchi Plush This lovely cat plush looks a lot like Pusheen! It's incredibly soft and has a bean filling, which makes it that much softer. Out of the four different colours I could have received, I got grey. It also has a gold ball chain so you can attach it to your bag or keys.
5. Potte USA Loppy Clip This sweet bunny clip is celebrating Hinamatsuri with her cute pink bow decorating her ears and she's perfect to use for clipping your important documents together!
6. Neko Atsume Earphone Jack Charm The second cat item in my box is a Neko Atsume cat charm. I don't have a jack to attach it to my phone but this could easily attach to my keys.
7. Punipuni Pyonpyon Out of the two Japan Crate plushies I could have received, I got Puni, the Empress. They are dressed to celebrate Hinamatsuri, with Puni dressed as an Empress doll with her gold head piece. According to tradition, dolls are supposed to be put away after the holiday in order to prevent bad luck.
Verdict: I did really enjoy this month's box, but I have some mixed feelings as I feel like a couple of extra items would have made this box worth the money I spend. There aren't any items that I dislike however, and Doki Doki Crate have made sure that each item is cute and girly to match the theme of Hinamatsuri. You can get your Doki Doki Crate at: www.japancrate.com/dokidoki